WordPress & Front-end Developer
Areas of Expertise
Design is the message of your brand. It should be well articulated and provide a great user experience for your visitors.
Pretty is great, but it needs to work for you. Leveraging WordPress I build easy to use and functional content management for your website.
Your best sales tool is your website, lets make sure we explore ways to streamline its efficiency and selling power.
I create advanced and customized WordPress content management experiences. I truly make things easy and intuitive and all of my clients using WordPress now to manage their site are trilled with it. The sites I setup are painless to manage and the custom design never breaks.
When completely custom WordPress Design and an Advanced WordPress developer is needed
When you are trying to solve a problem that needs custom WordPress development, I can help! I design and develop custom websites with WordPress. I am a formally-trained designer and a self, seasoned front-end web developer with over a decade of continuing education in web design, development and WordPress. WordPress is the content management system I specialize in and prefer for my clients. WordPress powers the site’s back-end interface and makes website management easy.
WordPress Capabilities and Practices
- Custom-designed WordPress themes from scratch
- Customizing the back-end for specific content manager needs.
- Implementations are 99% free of WordPress Shortcodes. I do not make content managers use shortcodes. Shortcodes are a cheap solution for content management and are unreliable in preserving the integrity of the design. Shortcodes are not intuitive for content managers and interfere with the natural flow of publishing content and require memorization.
- Minimal usage of plugins, clean back-end configurations to minimize load.
- Plugins used only for enhanced features, not for adding front-end features like mobile versions or homepage sliders. These things can be developed instead in the custom-built theme and thus maximized for performance.
- Best practices in WordPress security
- Database backups
- Custom post types for creating multiple types of content such as products, events, sessions, speakers, faqs, projects, and anything that fits specific content needs.
- Custom fields to ensure that the theme layout never breaks and that each element of the page matches the exact design specifications.
How We Work.
Before we can design your website, we need to figure out what you’re trying to accomplish. This crucial step helps map out project goals and gets us familiar with your business. The discovery phase aims to clearly define the project’s scope and uncover the insights that will help us in the next stages of our process.
2. Experience: Architecture & Wire-framing
With the information that we learn in discovery, we sketch out wire-frames for your website’s architecture. We take into account what you’d like your website visitors to do and help organize your website’s content to accomplish those goals. Great websites solve visitor problems and questions but they also make managing and marketing your business easier. And all of that starts before anybody has opened Photoshop.
Once we have a rough framework for where everything should be located on your new site, we get right into the design phase. We use programs like Photoshop and Illustrator to mockup the design of your WordPress site. All of this happens before anything is actually coded. Our goal here is to communicate visually in a way that connects with your website’s visitors and accomplishes your site’s goals. We’re perfectionists. We’ll get your website looking amazing. Down to the very last pixel.
4. Development & Testing
Once we’ve submitted design mockups and you’re satisfied with the results, we jump into the coding phase. We take your website design from Photoshop and turn the raw design files into HTML, CSS and PHP. This is also where we build in WordPress-specific functionality like custom post types and plug-ins. We’ll work out any final bugs before the site is ready to launch. The final product will be a WordPress website designed and coded to measure up against the world’s best websites.
Now…for the fun part. Tell the world about your new WordPress website.
After Launch Considerations
As much as we love launching new websites, we have an appreciation for the amount of work it takes to get visitors to keep coming back to your site. Once your website launches, you may find yourself needing help with inbound marketing or site maintenance and backups. We’ve got you covered there too.